Monday, July 17, 2006

There are more iPods per capita in trail running races than any other type of organized race (that's my guess, anyway). But iPods do pose safety risks. Should they be allowed in trail running races?
The Washington Post interviewed RRCA Executive Director Jean Knaack for their story, "One More Hazard for Runners - iPods". Ms. Knaack was quoted:

"While I think it could be potentially disruptive to other runners to pull people from a race field for headphone use, I do think a race director would be justified in not including someone violating the race rules in the official results or refusing to supply them with an official time or finisher medal."
I'm personally a big fan of the iPod and think they can be used respectfully. However, I'm now noticing that the fine print in some of the entry forms prohibit the use of iPods (for example, the Helen Klein 50m entry form states in the disclaimer that "radio headsets are not allowed").

I just thought I would bring it to everyone's attention. I would hate to see somebody get a DNF just because they were groovin' to the tunes.

SD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY