Saturday, June 16, 2007

I thought all of you fathers might get a kick out of this story. I also wanted to shout out a big Happy Father's Day to Greg Crowther, Mark Tanaka, Rod Bien, Peter Lubbers, Jean Pommier, Garett Graubins, Dean Karnazes, Tim Tweitmeyer, Wendell Doman, Andy Jones-Wilkins, Graham Cooper (see Jean Pommier's recent interview with Graham here), Jon Olsen, Eric Gould, and the many other trail running Dad's I have met along the way. I hope you enjoy your pancakes on Sunday!

- SD

Pram-Pushing Dad Wardian Sets World Record And Finishes Third (Runner's World)

Howling winds gusted to 35 mph at the Frederick (MD) Marathon on Sunday, but Michael Wardian's nine-month-old son Pierce didn't feel them enroute to their 2:42:20 obliteration of the Guinness World Record for a stroller marathon - good for third place overall. (The
old record was 2:49:38.) That's because a plastic shield blocked the wind for Pierce. "The only setback was that my brother's call to my cell phone woke him up at 11 miles and he was awake the rest of the way," notes Wardian. "But he was great. I talked to him while I ran and he never wanted any food. He also never needed a diaper change, although I was prepared for that." It was Wardian's first-ever marathon pushing a stroller, but his seventh marathon in nine weeks,
including an Olympic Trials-qualifying best of 2:21:37 at the Shamrock Marathon. Altogether, the 33-year-old from Arlington, VA, has run more than 80 marathons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY