Sunday, January 6, 2008

So Much for Miwok

It's been an interesting weekend up in the sticks where we live - a storm brought five inches of rain, 50+ mph winds, and a multi-day power outage (this storm later dropped nine feet of snow in the Tahoe area). But on Sunday morning I fired up the generator for one purpose - to go online and register for the Miwok 100k. If I learned anything from Way Too Cool, it's that you have to be fast.

Not that I was worried - Miwok usually takes a couple of days to fill. But I know a lot of folks didn't get their slot to Western States, so I figured I should log in within the first hour to get a slot in case there was a rush.

Huge mistake. I logged in at 8:30am, and it was closed! So much for Miwok this season. The Active.com Beta was excruciating - multiple logins, never recognizing an account I've had for years, etc. (and apparently I'm not the only one) - but honestly, it was my fault. I should have learned to log in 10 minutes early (since Active.com tends to start early, like Way Too Cool) and get in ASAP.

Oddly, I didn't feel too frustrated. I have lots of great races on the agenda, and the Miwok 100k was already dangerously close to the Quicksilver 50m. Maybe the online registration Gods are telling me to head up to my hometown of Eugene for the Eugene Marathon instead. ;-)

I did make it out in the storm for a couple of runs. Very exciting! Here's a quick video right before I headed out. The winds were about 40 mph, and it was raining like crazy. Huddart Park was deafening with the sounds of nature, such as raging streams, creaking redwoods, and wind forcing it's way through everything. Way fun!



And for those catching the details, I am wearing the new Injinji gloves which are super cool. They are lightweight, and seem to fit my hands just right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY