Thursday, May 29, 2008

I recently picked up the DVD "Fire On The Track - The Steve Prefontaine Story" while at the Expo for the Eugene Marathon. I'm always looking for DVD's to watch while doing the early morning treadmill sessions, and if I can watch it five times in a row and still get inspired, it must be good! Well worth the $20 if you ask me.

My favorite part of the DVD has been the 3.5 hours of bonus interviews with competitors, teammates, and coaches. These include the likes of 10k champion David Bedford, marathon champ Frank Shorter, Ian Stewart, Bill Bowerman, Jeff Galloway, Dick Buerkle, world record holder Lasse Viren, Dana Carvey, Mac Wilkins, Kenny Moore, Dave Wottle, Alberto Salazar, and many more.

There are only a few endurance DVD's that I have been able to watch 5-10 times on the treadmill and still feel inspired (others include Breaking Away, Race For The Soul, On The Edge, and a few of the Ironman Championship DVD's). If any of you know of others, do let me know!

- SD

(PS - Training for States is going well. I clocked 28 miles on Sat in the hills of Santa Barbara, another 12 on Sun, and will be doing similar 30-40 mile weekends the next two weeks before starting to taper. So far, so good! )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY