Monday, May 12, 2008

John Schumacher at the Sac Bee wrote a great article about the lure and popularity of ultrarunning, with commentary from ultrarunners/RD's Greg Soderlund, John Medinger, Jamie Frink, Chad Long and Patrick DellaPace. Some of my favorite quotes:

And great people. "I've met a lot of friends on the trail who would do anything for you out there," said Long, who is married and has a 1 1/2-year-old daughter. "If you hurt yourself, they would stop their race to help you."

DellaPace said he'll never forget the day he finished the Woodside 50K last December and someone showed him the results of the Western States lottery: He was in. "It was an incredible moment," he said. "It was a dream come true."
Click here to read the full article.

- SD

PS - Getting the photos ready from the Quicksilver 50m on Sat, which turned out to be my first ever DNF. The Eugene Marathon took more out of me than I thought and I figured it was best to drop at 50k rather than risk injury. Still an awesome day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY