Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I haven't received any direct communication, but those in the know have been telling me it's official - the Western States 100 has been canceled. The smoke, fires, and access difficulties are proving too risky to move forward. I'm sure it was a tough decision for Greg Soderlund, Tim Tweitmeyer, and the Board, and I'm glad erred on the side of safety for the runners and volunteers alike. I'll post anything official that gets sent.

Such an odd feeling right now. Three years of lotteries, hundreds of hours of training and preparation all leading up to a single day, and just like that, it's gone. I'm sure everyone else is feeling the same, runners and volunteers alike. It's so weird to go from obsessing about one race every second of the day, to unpacking drop bags and not having the energy to even think about another race.

A couple more beers, I'm sure it will pass. ;-)

This next beer is for all of you who had the dedication, drive, and passion to be in Tahoe this week in the best shape of your life. Even without a race, there should be deep satisfaction in this accomplishment. I will drink one beer for each of you...better get started!

- SD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY