Sunday, August 8, 2010

In my on-going attempt to give product feedback/ideas to our favorite outdoor manufacturers (see the iPod t-shirt, brush guards, and the ever-popular Nut-Tsak), here's a new one that I would love to have. Let me know what you think!

If you like the idea, please link to it from your blog and feel free to add any thoughts on design or use. My hope is that if 2XU, Sugoi, Brooks, North Face, etc., see a thousand bloggers linking to it, the market demand will be clear. My goal is simply this - get some new cool toys on the market!

Product Idea - 2XU Ice Recovery Pants




I'm a big fan of ice baths for post-race recovery, but getting in and out of that tub is a bit of a chore. Not to mention my "family jewels" are not always big fans of the 15-20 minute soak (and are known to retreat into the body cavity on occasion). Is there a way to get the ice benefit without having to jump in the tub? Similarly, I swear by compression garments for post-race recovery. So why not combine the two?

The 2XU Recovery Pant is a compression garment with pockets for ice placed over the major muscle groups, as well as the joint areas that often need post-race attention. These could be filled with ice, or 2XU could even do a partnership with Blue Ice or another recovery ice vendor to have units that slip into the pockets perfectly. It's a similar idea to an ice vest.

I sewed a couple of pockets into a pair of my compression pants to mock up a prototype. It works well, although you definitely can't be walking around too much. For outdoor use, I put straight ice in the pockets and let the cool water trickle down my legs. For indoor use, I put the ice in sealable sandwich bags.

Got an idea for an improvement? Feel free to leave a comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY