Wednesday, January 27, 2010


I don't even know where I heard it first, but I always thought that burning sensation in your muscles from anaerobic activity that inevitably forces you to quit was "lactic acid building up in your muscles". After reading this very informative article from Matt Fitzgerald on Competitor.com, it turns out I was way wrong. In fact:


1) Lactate is actually a direct and indirect fuel to the muscles.


2) It DELAYS fatigue in muscles, not cause it.


3) One shouldn't minimize lactate buildup during training, one should increase it.

Boy, did I have that one wrong! Matt writes a great article, historically walking through the scientific understanding of lactate, and even offers some walkaway (or sprint-away) tips for training. Be sure to give it a read.

SD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY