Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rocky, our beloved pug of nine years, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly yesterday morning in the midst of his morning game of frisbee. I'm not sure what happened, but I was with him in his final moments and I can assure you it was quick. He will be missed.

Rocky, I thank you for reminding us to always have fun, and that any trip outdoors can be a fun adventure with the right companionship. Thank you for dragging me out of bed each morning, despite my protests, and starting a ritual of running trails that has become a endless source of optimism.

A few pictures to remember you by:


You were just a little scamp when we got you from the Pug Rescue of Sacramento, fresh off the streets of Oakland, CA.


But soon you were thriving with your larger-than-life smile and attitude.


You were always so patient waiting for me to get home/get up and get on with the adventure of the day.


 
They said pugs shouldn't run trails, but you would go as fast as you could all day long. I just tried to keep up!
 

You even wanted to go to the triathlons.


In fact, as long as you "got to go", you were game for just about anything.


You taught Sophie not to be afraid of a little sledding...


...to always wear your lifejacket when on the boat....


...and that the best part of a hike is the snacks.


You showed us that anyone can run with the big dogs...


..and there's nothing wrong with sporting your colors when your team was playing.


You were always up for a game of frisbee...


...and never let anyone win unless they earned it.


You were a great big brother to Sophie, putting up with endless costumes.

And never met a beach you didn't like.

You were my best friend.

Thank you, Rocket J, for filling our lives with your love and sense of adventure. I will miss your warm, semi-snoring body snuggled up to my feet every night, and that donut tail that never stopped wagging. You may no longer with living with us now, but you will be a part of our lives forever. 

I miss you, buddy.

SD

PS - If you like the pictures of Rocky, you can still get copies of his kids book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY