Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yesterday I created a blog post informing readers of Richard Lieberman's blog post that KCSM jazz radio had budget problems such that it may close if it does not receive $800,000 by the end of the year.

In my post, I emphasized the word "may" and used it twice, and had three links to Richard's blog and promoted him as the news source.

Today, I received this email from Michael Claire, the President of The College of San Mateo:

In your most recent blog post you have reported that KCSM will go off air at the end of this month if it fails to raise $800K. While the San Mateo County Community College District and KCSM face major budget challenges, this statement is completely false. I am requesting that you retract this statement immediately. Both the college and the station are short-staffed and we do not have the time to respond to phone calls or emails that are inevitable as a result of this post. I do appreciate your efforts to raise awareness of the station’s budget difficulties and I know that your post was well-intentioned.

Again, as I reported in my email back to Mr. Claire, I did not use the term "will" but did use the word "may". The email from Mr. Claire does confirm that KCSM has budget problems.

Yes, we're all just trying to help get the word out so that the station can receive the help it needs. .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY